Setting Up Your JustGiving Page
Setting Up on JustGiving
Setting up a JustGiving page is the easiest and quickest way to spread the word to people that you’re raising money.
Why fundraise on JustGiving?
- Friends can support you whenever and wherever, by donating securely on JustGiving or Facebook, and if you’re in the UK, by text message.
- Your fundraising story is unique. With photos, videos and text, you can tell it in your own way.
- What you’re doing is amazing. Whether it’s a triathlon or cake sale, the money you raise will make a difference.
- Set a fundraising target – JustGiving pages with a fundraising target raise 46% more money.
- Add a photo – Whether it’s a picture of your smiling face or an image of you caked in mud while out training for an event, research shows that pages with a picture tend to raise 33% more.
- Ask friends to share your pages – friends who share your page are four more times likely to donate than those who don’t.
- Include offline donations – often people will choose to donate offline, via more traditional sponsorship forms. You can include these donations on your JustGiving page to show your true total!
The JustGiving fundraiser tool kit
Get your fundraiser tool kit – containing everything from downloadable posters and bunting to social media cover images and ‘how to’ guides:
Making use of social media
Social media is another way in which you can effectively promote your fundraising. Recent examples such as the ice bucket challenge, Stephen Sutton’s story and the grassroots #nomakeupselfie campaign powerfully demonstrated the potential to harness social networks to spread giving to a good cause.
Fundraising on JustGiving is very easy to do once you get started and the Justgiving provides excellent support in helping you to maximise the opportunity and we’ve added some step-by-step instructions below to help you get your page off the ground. For more ideas or help or advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you’re thinking of fundraising for us, one of the best ways of doing so is via JustGiving.
We’ve added some step-by-step instructions to help get you on your way, if you need any more help, please contact us.
- Go to www.justgiving.com and click ‘Start Fundraising’
- You’ll be met with a screen offering you the options to start fundraising or crowdfunding. Select ‘Start Fundraising’ on the left to link your account straight to us You can either use your email address to make an account or, if you have a Facebook account, use that to log straight in with the details you used when you signed up for Facebook
- Enter your address either manually or by post code lookup and use the tick box to indicate whether you would like to receive marketing emails and letters from JustGiving
- Now to choose the cause you want to support. In the search bar below the title ‘Search for the cause you want to support’ type “MSRRF” and click the ‘Search’ button
- The following result will appear – “MS Research and Relief Fund (MSRRF)”. Click the blue ‘Select’ button next to this result
- Select the type of event you’re raising money for – either ‘Organised Event’, ‘Personal Occasion’, ‘In Memory’ or ‘Personal Challenge’. If you’re not competing in a set event, such as a half-marathon or tough-mudder etc., it’s probably best to select ‘Personal Challenge’
- If you select ‘Organised Event’ you can search for official events and the details will be automatically added. If not, enter the type of event you’re doing, details about it and the date it’s taking place
- Choose a web address for your page. This is the link that people will go to in order to donate money to your cause. JustGiving will generate one automatically for you to use but if you want to change it you can
- Answer the two yes/no questions to determine whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid. If people are purchasing something from you rather than donating or if any of your event costs are being paid by MSRRF then your donations are ineligible for Gift Aid. Please indicate this as it is really important to get this declaration correct
- Use the tick boxes to indicate whether you’d like to hear further information from us and from JustGiving and click ‘Create Your Page’
That’s it! Now just share your link amongst your family and friends, as well as on social media, and prepare for your fundraising challenge.